Whether you are a regular gym goer or prefer at-home workouts, you may have heard about pre-workouts from a friend, trainer, or advertisement. Pre-workout products usually come in tablet or powder form and are intended to boost your energy levels and athletic performance.Although there are countless options when it comes to pre-workout supplements, a lot of them simply don’t work. Moreover, they often have a foul taste and can leave you feeling shaky and bloated.
Roar Ambition is a premium sports nutrition brand that is known for its innovative sports performance supplements. In this article, we review 4 Gauge Pre-Workout by Roar Ambition, a product designed to amplify your workouts and eliminate fatigue.
What is 4 Gauge?
- 4 Gauge is a pre-workout that helps boost your energy levels, focus, and stamina for accelerated exercise performance.
- It also helps reduce mineral losses during your workout/training session and enhances post-workout muscle recovery.
- The product comes in 3 appetizing flavors:
- Frozen Lemonade,
- Pina Colada, and
- Fruit Blast.
- It does not contain any soy, gluten, dairy, or artificial sweeteners and flavors.
- Additionally, it is manufactured in the US in FDA-approved facilities.
How Does It Work?
4 Gauge makes you workout-ready in the following ways:
- Boosts Energy Production
4 Gauge contains a combination of caffeine and l-theanine, which aren’t just beneficial on their own, but also have a synergistic effect. Caffeine is a natural stimulant that increases activity in the nervous system and promotes energy metabolism. However, it can cause you to feel shaky and lead to energy crashes. L-theanine promotes alpha brain wave production and helps smooth out the undesired effects of caffeine. For this reason, the combination of caffeine and l-theanine is often called ‘’smart caffeine’’.
- Increases Blood Flow
It contains nitrates that help widen your blood vessels, causing more blood to flow through them. This ensures proper supply of oxygen and nutrients to the muscle tissues. Nitrates also help in lowering blood pressure and regulating your heartbeat during an intense workout.
- Provides Important Electrolytes
Electrolytes are minerals found in the blood and other body fluids that carry an electric charge. They are required for muscle contraction and the maintenance of optimal fluid levels inside and outside of cells. They also regulate your blood pH levels, reduce muscle breakdown, and prevent fatigue. 4 Gauge contains a blend of electrolytes that make up for the lost minerals and minimize exhaustion during your workout.
- Reduces Oxidative Stress
Exercise leads to the breakdown of muscle cells, which triggers the release of inflammatory cytokines in the body. While short-term inflammation is essential for muscle regeneration and repair, chronic inflammation can cause muscle soreness and long-term muscle damage. 4 Gauge contains various polyphenols that help reduce tissue inflammation and post-workout muscle soreness.
Key Ingredients in 4 Gauge Pre-Workout Powder
Below is the complete ingredient list of 4 Gauge.
- L-Citrulline DI-Malate – 6000mg
- Creatine monohydrate – 1000mg
- Acetyl l-carnitine – 500mg
- Red beetroot extract – 300mg
- Coconut water powder – 300mg
- L-theanine – 200mg
- Caffeine Anhydrous – 150mg
- Rhodiola Rosea Powder – 100mg
L-citrulline DI-malate is a combination of the amino acid l-citrulline and the salt of malic acid, malate. It is preferred over l-citrulline as it helps improve the bioavailability and absorption rate of the amino acid.
- L-citrulline is derived from watermelons and helps improve weight training and HIIT performance.
- It boosts nitric oxide production, which makes your muscles look bigger and fuller.
- L-citrulline has been shown to increase stamina and energy levels by promoting ATP synthesis.
- Plus, it helps reduce post-workout muscle soreness and aids muscle recovery.
A clinical trial was conducted on 22 patients with vasospastic angina to study the effect of l-citrulline on endothelial dysfunction and lipoprotein oxidation. They were given 800mg of l-citrulline daily for eight weeks. Their blood nitrogen oxide levels, lipid profile, and other parameters were measured before and after the treatment. The study showed that l-citrulline helped improve endothelial function by increasing nitric oxide production and reducing oxidized LDL .
Creatine is an amino acid found in red meat and seafood. It is one of the most well-researched supplements for improving workout performance. It has a wide range of benefits, such as:
- Increasing muscle mass, improving cognitive functions, and reducing fatigue.
- It helps increases cell hydration and boosts endurance and stamina.
- Additionally, it aids in muscle recovery and helps prevent muscle cramps.
A placebo-controlled clinical trial was conducted on 25 healthy male volunteers to study the effect of creatine on body mass and muscle strength. The treatment group was given creatine supplements daily for 9 weeks, while the control group received a placebo. They were asked to perform strength training workouts during the treatment. The muscle mass for both groups was measured using bioimpedance spectroscopy. By the end of the study, it was found that the treatment group had a higher muscle mass than the control group .
Acetyl-l-carnitine (ALCAR) is a derivative of the amino acid l-carnitine, which is mainly produced in the liver, brain, and kidneys.
- ALCAR passes through the blood-brain barrier more readily than l-carnitine and increases synaptic neurotransmission in the brain.
- It plays a key role in fatty acid metabolism and regulating mitochondrial processes.
- It helps boost energy levels, increases muscle strength, and reduces nerve pain.
- Additionally, it helps alleviate mood, improves memory and thinking skills, and controls blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
A systematic review and meta-analysis of 37 randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials was conducted to study the effect of l-carnitine on body composition and weight loss. Online databases were searched up, and studies till January 2019 were included in the analysis. The meta-analysis showed that l-carnitine helped reduce BMI, fat mass, and body weight better than placebo .
Red Beet Root Extract
- Beetroot contains nitrates, which help increase blood circulation in the body.
- It is high in bioactive compounds, including polyphenols, which help reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Beetroot helps improve muscle efficiency, strength, and stamina, which enables you to work out for longer.
- It also helps reduce the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancers.
A double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial was conducted on 9 male volunteers to study the effect of nitrates on oxygen cost during training. On two separate 3-day periods, the volunteers were either given 0.1mmol/kg sodium nitrate or 0.1mmol/kg sodium chloride (placebo). They were asked to perform a fitness test on a cycle ergometer during both treatments to assess their oxygen utilization. The study showed that sodium nitrate helped improve oxygen utilization among the treatment group .
Coconut Water Powder
- Coconut water is often referred to as “nature’s sports drink’’ as it is a great source of essential vitamins and minerals.
- It helps boost your workout performance by replenishing lost electrolytes during your workout.
- These electrolytes help in the transmission of electrical signals between the brain and muscles and facilitate proper muscle contractions.
- Additionally, they help reduce blood pressure and prevent headaches.
A clinical trial was conducted on male rats to study the effect of tender coconut water (TCW) on oxidative stress. The rats were given a fructose-rich diet to induce oxidative stress in insulin-resistant, hypersensitive rats. They were given 4ml/100g body weight of TCW daily for 3 weeks. Their systolic blood pressure, glucose levels, lipid profiles, and other parameters were measured during and after the treatment. The study showed that TCW improved insulin sensitivity, reduced blood pressure, and had an antioxidant effect on the rats .
- L-theanine is an amino acid mainly found in tea leaves. It increases the production of alpha brain waves and helps calm down your nervous system without causing any drowsiness.
- It helps boost energy levels and cognitive functions, such as focus, attention span, and memory.
- Additionally, it has been shown to promote weight loss, boost immunity, and reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
A double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial was conducted on 60 patients suffering from Schizophrenia to study the effect of l-theanine on anxiety symptoms. The participants were either given 400mg of l-theanine or a placebo daily for 8 weeks. The outcomes were analyzed through various anxiety and neurocognitive tests. The study showed that l-theanine helped reduce anxiety and improved general psychopathology. Moreover, it was found to be safe and well-tolerated by the volunteers .
Caffeine anhydrous is a dehydrated form of caffeine that is commonly used in workout supplements.
- It helps build muscle strength, improves muscle contraction, and boosts endurance.
- It helps in the production of various neurotransmitters, such as dopamine and norepinephrine.
- In addition, it helps increase concentration and boost energy levels by slowing down glycogen depletion.
A single-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial was conducted on 8 male cyclists to study the effect of caffeine and coffee on endurance. The cyclists were either given caffeine (5mg/kg), coffee (5mg/kg caffeine), decaffeinated coffee, or a placebo. After one hour, they were made to perform 30 minutes of steady-state cycling, followed by a 45 min time trial cycling. The study showed that both caffeine and coffee helped improve endurance better than decaffeinated coffee and placebo .
Rhodiola Rosea Powder
Rhodiola rosea is a flowering herb mainly found in Asia and Europe.
- It helps improve mental and physical resilience and alleviates mood.
- It helps boost workout motivation, improves cognition, and regulates heartbeat.
- Additionally, it helps improve workout performance and reduce muscle damage by reducing inflammation.
- Moreover, it is known to promote anabolic processes, improve muscle strength, and reduce post-workout fatigue and pain.
A randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial was conducted on 57 volunteers to study the effect of Rhodiola rosea on major depressive disorder (MDD). The participants were either given Rhodiola rosea, sertraline (standard treatment), or a placebo daily for 12 weeks. The outcomes were measured through Hamiltonian Depression Rating and Clinical Global Impression Change scores. By the end of the study, it was found that both sertraline and Rhodiola rosea helped reduce depression symptoms. However, Rhodiola rosea had fewer side effects and was better tolerated among the participants .
Below are the benefits of 4 Gauge.
- Energy Boost
It increases your energy levels so that you can perform your best in the gym and get the most out of your workout.
- Boosts Stamina
It helps boost your stamina so that you can endure the discomforts of your workout and move past workout plateaus.
- Maintains Fluid Balance
It provides the right concentration of electrolytes, which is key to hydration and maintaining healthy fluid levels.
- Increases Muscle Growth
It helps promote muscle gains and improve your vascularity for a more defined and impressive physique packed with intense muscle pumps.
- Boosts Motivation
A little motivation can go a long way when it comes to achieving your fitness goals. 4 Gauge helps you increase your motivation, focus, and mental performance, enabling you to stay on track with your fitness goals.
- Prevents Muscle Soreness
It helps reduce oxidative stress, which helps prevent muscle soreness and pain after a workout.
Are there any potential side effects one should be aware of when using 4 Gauge?
There are no known side effects of 4 Gauge. The present body of data from studies and reviews stated by consumers confirms that using 4 Gauge Pre-workout has not been associated with any clearly negative effects. As a result, people can consume it with confidence and without fear or worry. This particular pre-workout drink has no known negative effects, which highlights its overall safety profile and gives consumers the freedom to include it in their training routines.
However, if you are taking prescription medications, have an underlying health condition, or are pregnant or lactating, it is advisable that you consult your doctor before trying a pre-workout supplement.
5 Reasons to Buy 4 Gauge over other Popular Pre-Workouts
- Boosts energy levels.
- Maximizes muscle pumps.
- Maintains fluid balance.
- Improves motivation.
- Gluten, soy, and dairy-free.
Why 4 Gauge Over Other Popular Workout Brands?
Most pre-workouts on the market use caffeine as the main energy-boosting element. However, consuming caffeine alone can lead to rebound fatigue, insomnia, and headaches. Moreover, many pre-workouts contain low amounts of active ingredients, which may not give you the results you are looking for. They are loaded with synthetic additives and added artificial sugar, which can further sabotage your weight loss progress.
- 4 Gauge provides the energy-boosting effect of caffeine without any of its side effects.
- It does not contain any artificial ingredients, added sugars, or proprietary blends.
- Unlike other products, it does not have an off-putting taste and texture. Instead, it comes in three delicious flavors that are widely loved by its consumers.
- The product has been featured on popular platforms, such as NBC, CBS, ABC, and Los Angeles Magazine.
- Moreover, since the product is made in FDA-compliant facilities, you can rest assured that you are getting a safe and quality-tested product.
Is 4 Gauge the Right Product for You?
If you are keen to improve your stamina and crush your workouts with magnified physical performance, then 4 Gauge is the right product for you.
The product should ideally be used 15-45 minutes before your workout. Just add 2 scoops of 4 Gauge in your choice of liquid and mix. The brand does not give specific instructions about how much water you need. In general, you can take anywhere between 8-16 oz of water, depending on your personal preference.
If you think you need 2 servings at once, you can safely do so. However, you should first evaluate your tolerance by starting with one standard serving.
The brand recommends going off the pre-workout for a week after every 6-8 weeks, preferably when you take a little break from workouts every few months. This allows you to stay sensitive to the product.
In case you are not happy with the results, you are covered by their money-back guarantee.
You may reach out to their customer support and return the unwanted bottles to avail of a refund. However, there is no mention of the return window on the website.
How to Get 4 Gauge?
- One bottle retails for $45 and is sufficient for a 30-day supply.
- A pack of two bottles retails for $90.
- And a pack of 4 bottles, Buy 3 + Get 1 Free, is worth $135.00.
The brand offers free shipping on orders above $60.
Once the order is shipped, here is when you can expect to receive it:
- USA/Canada: 2 – 10 business days
- UK: 1 – 2 business days
- Europe: 2 – 6 business days
- Australia/Rest of the World: 2 – 15 business days.
Please note that orders to South America can take up to 30 days due to delivery services and local customs.
Did You Know?
- Coconut trees can grow as long as 82 feet tall and produce up to 65-75 fruits annually.
- Caffeine is the most popular drug in the world.
- Finland is the largest consumer of coffee.
- The word ‘’coconut’’ was derived from the word ‘’coco’’, which means skull in Portuguese.
- Coffee flowers are mainly pollinated by bees.
- Indonesia is the largest producer of coconuts.
“4 Gauge is like a shot of pure electricity to your system! Since incorporating this pre-workout into my pre-workout routine, I’ve found myself conquering even the most strenuous workouts with heightened focus and endurance. No more dragging my feet through the gym; this fantastic supplement instills an undeniable burst of energy that pushes me to reach new heights during my sessions.”
– Anders G. from Los Angeles, USA.
“One of the aspects that make 4 Gauge stand out is its solution to the dreaded mid-workout crash. With other pre-workout products I’ve tried, the initial spike in energy was always followed by a rapid decline, leaving me feeling drained and lethargic midway through my workout. However, 4 Gauge has changed the game by providing a steady and sustained flow of energy throughout my entire session. Gone are the days of feeling like a deflated balloon halfway through my routine – now I stay pumped, motivated, and energized from start to finish!”
– Reuben L. from Melbourne, Australia.
“I am incredibly grateful for how this pre-workout powder enhances my focus and mental clarity. With every scoop of 4 Gauge, my concentration reaches a whole new level. It’s like the fog in my mind dissipates, and I become fully immersed in my grueling workouts – a state of mind that allows me to make the most out of every gym session. Whether it’s lifting weights or pushing my limits during cardio sessions, this powder helps me stay fully present, alert, and ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way.”
– Darren O. from Marine Parada, Singapore.
“The taste of 4 Gauge is incredibly refreshing and enjoyable. I appreciate how well it mixes with water, avoiding any chalky or unpleasant aftertaste. The fruity flavor is not overly sweet, striking the perfect balance that keeps me looking forward to my pre-workout ritual each day. It’s a little touch of joy that adds excitement to my fitness journey!”
– Madelyn C. from Cebu City, Philippines.
“If you’re looking for a pre-workout powder that will electrify your workouts and infuse them with an irresistible dose of joy, then I wholeheartedly recommend 4 Gauge. Prepare to be amazed, motivated, and invigorated like never before!”
– Mccoy L. from Edmonton, Canada.
“Being a gym junkie for half a decade, I’ve tried countless supplements claiming to fuel my workouts, but none have come close to the miracle that is 4 Gauge Pre-Workout. From the moment I gave it a go, my gains and strength have skyrocketed, turning my fitness ambitions into a reality.!”
– Jovanni D. from Tauranga, New Zealand.
It is worth investing in a good pre-workout if you want to get the most from your workout session. 4 Gauge is an excellent and one of the strongest pre-workout options for anyone looking to maximize their workout performance, as it contains clinically proven ingredients that help boost your stamina, maintains fluid balance, increase concentration, and helps build muscles.
The product is easy to use and is suitable for both men and women. Plus, it is completely natural and has a pleasant taste, which sets it apart from other pre-workout supplements on the market.
- Morita M, Sakurada M, Watanabe F, Yamasaki T, Doi H, Ezaki H, Morishita K, Miyakex T. Effects of Oral L-Citrulline Supplementation on Lipoprotein Oxidation and Endothelial Dysfunction in Humans with Vasospastic Angina. Immunol Endocr Metab Agents Med Chem. 2013 Sep;13(3):214-220. doi: 10.2174/18715222113139990008. PMID: 26005507; PMCID: PMC4435567.
- Francaux M, Poortmans JR. Effects of training and creatine supplement on muscle strength and body mass. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1999 Jul;80(2):165-8. doi: 10.1007/s004210050575. PMID: 10408330.
- Talenezhad N, Mohammadi M, Ramezani-Jolfaie N, Mozaffari-Khosravi H, Salehi-Abargouei A. Effects of l-carnitine supplementation on weight loss and body composition: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 37 randomized controlled clinical trials with dose-response analysis. Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2020 Jun;37:9-23. doi: 10.1016/j.clnesp.2020.03.008. Epub 2020 Apr 18. PMID: 32359762.
- Larsen FJ, Weitzberg E, Lundberg JO, Ekblom B. Effects of dietary nitrate on oxygen cost during exercise. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2007 Sep;191(1):59-66. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-1716.2007.01713.x. Epub 2007 Jul 17. PMID: 17635415.
- Bhagya D, Prema L, Rajamohan T. Therapeutic effects of tender coconut water on oxidative stress in fructose fed insulin resistant hypertensive rats. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2012 Apr;5(4):270-6. doi: 10.1016/S1995-7645(12)60038-8. PMID: 22449517.
- Michael S. Ritsner, MD, PhD; Chanoch Miodownik, MD; Yael Ratner, MD; Tatyana Shleifer, MD; Maria Mar, MD; Leonid Pintov, MD; and Vladimir Lerner, MD, PhD
- Hodgson AB, Randell RK, Jeukendrup AE. The metabolic and performance effects of caffeine compared to coffee during endurance exercise. PLoS One. 2013;8(4):e59561. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0059561. Epub 2013 Apr 3. PMID: 23573201; PMCID: PMC3616086.
- Mao JJ, Xie SX, Zee J, Soeller I, Li QS, Rockwell K, Amsterdam JD. Rhodiola rosea versus sertraline for major depressive disorder: A randomized placebo-controlled trial. Phytomedicine. 2015 Mar 15;22(3):394-9. doi: 10.1016/j.phymed.2015.01.010. Epub 2015 Feb 23. PMID: 25837277; PMCID: PMC4385215.